Author: © Eric Dayal
Download Now: Example-Cross-Functional-Flow-Chart-Diagram.vsd
This is an example Cross Functional Flow Chart Diagram built in Visio. Note that not all Microsoft Office installations come with Visio.
The flow chart includes the following shapes:
- Rectangle for a process step
- Diamond for a decision
- Tube for start and end shapes
- Annotation for comments
- Rectangle with a curve for a Document
- Rectangle with two vertical stripes for a pre-defined process (sub process)
- Separator (vertical line) to distinguish phases of the process
- A cloud shape to indicate unclear or uncertain steps in the process
This example is of an IT system release process and has three swim lanes. Additional lanes can be added as needed from the "Cross Functional Flowchart Shapes" stencil. Coloring has been added to the separators to help visually indicate when you are moving from one phase of the process to the next. Additional coloring suggestions include red for process steps that require attention, and yellow for the creation or update of a document.
Tags: Lean,Process Improvement,Six Sigma
Was this document helpful? Rate it Now
Date Posted: 2014-01-06 03:21:30